Guidelines for article submission, review and publication
- Manuscripts are submitted through an online form on the website: http://lll21.petrsu.ru/user/addarticle_en.php, or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- All submitted manuscripts are subject to free mandatory double-blind peer review, which is an internationally accepted practice. It means that the reviewers’ and author’s identities are concealed from each other.
- Initially, the editor-in-chief makes sure that a submitted manuscript is in compliance with the journal’s scope and the format requirements, and appoints two reviewers. All reviewers are acknowledged experts in the relevant subject and have relevant publications for the last 3 years. If a submitted manuscript does not conform to the journal’s scope, the author will receive a reasoned response via e-mail or fax within a week.
- Deputy chief editor sends a manuscript to reviewers along with a review form and a cover letter. The author is notified by e-mail that their manuscript is received, considered as relevant to the journal’s scope and sent for review.
- A reviewer gives a conclusion based on relevance, novelty, scientific significance, the accuracy of the reported results, the uniqueness of the text, etc., and either recommends or does not recommend a manuscript for publication. A reviewer may use a form developed by the editorial board (see Appendix 1).
- The review process should not exceed two months.
- The text of the review should be printed, signed by the reviewer and notarized at work. Alternatively, a digital (scanned) copy may be sent via e-mail from the reviewer’s personal or corporate email address. In this case, a notarized signature is not required.
- The review is sent to the author (without an indication of the reviewer’s name and place of work) via email or fax. The author gets a time period (defined in each case individually by the editor-in-chief, but not less than 5 business days and not more than one month) to incorporate the comments made by the reviewer, and then the manuscript is sent to the reviewer for the second review and making a final decision on publication.
- The editorial board makes a final decision taking into consideration the opinion of two reviewers. The deputy chief editor informs the author about a final decision specifying an expected date of publishing the manuscript online.
- If an article is not recommended for publication by both reviewers, it is not accepted for the second review. Reasonable refusal along with the reviews is sent to the author via e-mail or fax.
- A manuscript recommended for publication is published within 1 - 4 months.
- The editorial board keeps the reviews for five years.
- The copies of the reviews may be provided to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation upon request.
Please, follow the Instructions to prepare your manuscript. Guide for authors