Quarterly scientific reviewed on-line journal has been launched for information support of pedagogical professional community, interested in the development of the Russian society through the lifelong learning. The title reflects two dominant ideas of the editorial policy:
- lifelong learning, which is generally interpreted as a social and cultural phenomenon that integrates the variety of ways of educating people throughout their life;
- a new time context of the XXI century, reflecting a fundamentally different situation in the sphere of development of all educational institutions.
During 2013-2014 the journal is to be published with the financial support of the Strategic Development Program (2012-2016) "The PetrSU complex in scientific and learning environment of the European North: the strategy of innovative development", as one of its key projects.
Social and pedagogical mission:
a) promotion of the complex approach to lifelong learning as the strategic direction of modernization of the Russian society,
b) establishment of a network information resource, accessible and attractive in scientific and practical terms for all actors (participants) of the development of lifelong learning sphere;
c) attraction of attention to the necessity of the social and pedagogical partnership in the formation of an effective system of lifelong learning.
• scientific basis of modern contexts of lifelong learning, meeting the socio-economic phenomena of the first quarter of the XXI century and the civil society development trends
• encouragement of the development of domestic theory and practice of lifelong education under the conditions of transition to the multi-level education system
• introduction of new concepts, programs, projects, technologies that contribute to the development of trends and forms of lifelong learning and of ensure its continuity throughout the life
• information support of international, Russian and regional initiatives in the field of lifelong learning
• dissemination of innovative experience and integrative knowledge in the field of lifelong learning
• support of the publication activity of young researchers in the sphere of lifelong learning
• establishing a communication platform of potential participants of the social partnership in the field of lifelong learning
The target audience of the journal includes wide circle of readers and authors. It is originally defined by the nature of education “for life” (lifelong education, life-long learning). Apart from the people engaged in teaching professions of all areas and levels, the audience of the journal includes education researchers of different scientific professions, people involved in educational activities, bearers of successful experience of self-education, media sphere employees, developers of educational software products and network information and training systems.
The journal gives its potential authors and readers the opportunities for:
• an open scientific discussion of the phenomenon of "learning for life" in the conditions of the global information society and economy based on knowledge;
• becoming familiar with the domestic and foreign experience in the development and implementation of up-to-date strategies and programs of lifelong learning at all their levels;
• information cooperation between interested parties for specific educational and research projects realization;
• wide dissemination of information about one’s activities in the sphere of lifelong learning
The contents and the structure
Priorities in the subject matters of scientific articles and scientific and educational materials:
• methodology of the lifelong learning research in the context of non-classical scientific knowledge
• legal, information, technological, methodological support of continuity of education for a man during the life in the modern era
• continuing professional education in conditions of multilevel education
• competence-based approach in the system of training, retraining and improving of the professional skills
• continuing education in specific subject fields
• organization and social and pedagogical support of lifelong learning of the particular categories of the population (people with disabilities, elderly people, migrants)
• open education as a resource of lifelong learning
• theory and practice of adult education (andragogy) at the present time
• the supplementary education phenomenon
• educational activity as a form of non-formal education
• network (including distance) forms of learning
• training and improving of professional skills of specialists in the field of education of adults (Andragogists)
• teaching activity as a kind of non-formal education
• social partnership and international cooperation in the field of lifelong learning
• innovations in the sphere of lifelong lifelong learning
Quarterly issues of journals are provided. The journals are formed in accordance with various characteristics: special issues, issues with a system of columns, as well as on-line and paper supplements. The basic information published in the journal (sense-bearing, discussion provoking, advertising), is available for everyone. At the same time there is a possibility to provide restricted (free or commercial subscription, by registered post) information in the form of scientific-methodological and other supplements, including interactive.
In the conditions of open information space and international cooperation it is allowed to publish materials in Russian and in English (German) languages.
Editorial board tries to launch a scientific and pedagogical informational resource which provides modern approaches to the problems of lifelong learning development. It is planned to provide practical-oriented materials of maximum possible novelty, reliability, correctness with the help of cooperation with the leading domestic and foreign experts in the field of lifelong learning and andragogy, attracting highly qualified experts and multi-level review. Submitted manuscripts must correspond to the topics of the journal and contain materials which have not previously been published.
We welcome the papers that are conceptual, discussion provoking and based on a real investigation of the current situation in the field of lifelong learning in Russia and abroad. The Editorial Board reserves the right to make the final decision on publication of the submitted texts. When working with the submitted materials they guarantee confidentiality and compliance with all the clauses of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation, Part 4, Section VII, Ch. 70 -71 (Copyright and rights related to copyright).
Regulation of relations with sponsors, partners and advertisers
In order to optimize the work the journal can accept grants, unremunerated contribution and services from social partners while keeping editorial independence. In this case, the journal can publish lists, logos and other information about individuals, organizations, providing free help, marked "partner", "sponsor", etc. The journal can publish paid advertisements in the form of banners and provide special advertising sections marking the boundaries between scientific information and commercial materials.
It is a collegial body that regulates the information content of the journal. Its responsibilities include: approval of editorial policy, the determination of quality requirements to the publication of materials; forming a community of authors and experts. The staff of the editorial board of the journal, the Editorial counsel are appointed by the Rector of Petrozavodsk State University.
Editor in chief is responsible for the overall quality of the content of published materials and their relevance to the editorial policy; provides general control over the activities of the editorial board and the editorial counsel, meeting the publication schedule; invites highly qualified authors and experts. The Editor in chief is appointed by the Rector of Petrozavodsk State University.